Sunday 12 February 2012

The Vocie of Music...... Whitney Houston

There are some musicians that stand out to you throughout your whole life. I remember the shock I felt when Michael Jackson died- this was an artist who I had listened to for years, who seemed timeless, how could he possibly have died? The same with Amy Winehouse last year- this iconic woman was suddenly no longer there. The newspaper headlines saddened me- what talent, what potential that was just wasted on a few pills and powder.
The same feeling came over me this morning hearing about Whitney Houston. I regret to say it, but it is true- sometimes you don't know what you have until its gone. Don't get me wrong, she will always been known as the princess of music but it was only until today that I listened to her again in what probably has been three years. I absolutely love her song 'I Want to Dance With Somebody' not to begin mentioning many of her other great hits, 'Run to You' 'I Have Nothing' 'My Love is your Love' and of course 'I Will Always Love You'.
She was a true musician with an amazing talent which nowadays isn't so apparent in the music industry. Her voice was full of clarity and conviction and she sang deeply from the heart. Whitney Houston, thank you for bringing such memorable, amazing music to our lives. RIP.

No comments:

Post a Comment