Wednesday 29 October 2014

Postcard Poetry



For the love of words, stamps, people and imagery I started the project 'Postcard Poetry.' I have for years, collected Black & White postcards, sent them, sent letters and written poetry and I thought, why not combine them together?

Starting on National Poetry Day 2014, fellow poets, writers and postcard enthusiasts embarked on the project, a project which I refer to as a 'Chinese Whisper' of poetry via postcards. I started it by writing a poem at South Bank on NPD 2014 about Bubbles ( my Grandma) and gave it to the next poet on the list (I cheated slightly as it was my boyfriend so I didn't post it but hand delivered it.)
I had intended to take one of my postcards off my infamous 'wall' but I forgot in my dash for the train that morning, so instead I very quickly squiggled a biro doodle. This is something I'm encouraging the other poets & writers to do - drawing your postcard would be great as this project is very much about the art as much as it is about the words.

I will be keeping a log of the postcards as they go on their journey with the hope, that possibly, I can bring the postcards and poets together at the end of it for an exhibition.

The second postcard, from Antosh Wojcik to Justine de Mierre .....




If you would like to be involved please contact me via  thingsfromtheburrow@gmail.com

twitter.com/M_e_g_Burrows

No comments:

Post a Comment